2005-12-15

Flowers at a Macro Level

I take a lot of nature shots. I either like to look for interesting patterns or closeups with lots of detail. Here are a few of my flower closeups.

The first one was taken with my old SLR. I was trying out a roll of Kodak Ektar ISO 25 film which was supposed to be the highest resolution 35mm film at the time. As you can see from the result, the Ektar film had a problem with strong reds and which over saturated the petals of these tulips.

Two Tulips

On the other hand, the red in this picture of red pansies taken with our Sony DSC-S70 camera show more detail in the red.

Red Pansies

And finally for today, an oriental poppy from our front garden.

Oriental Poppy

I think flowers is the theme for today because out first major snowstorm of the season is upon us and it's nice to think of spring.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jenn said...

I love the picture of the pansies. The yellow and purple in the background really add to it.

12:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home