2005-12-28

Little Furry Animals

Our kitchen table allows us to look through our back doors and into our garden. If you have read Karen's Gardening Blog, you know that a few years ago we had our dying back yard ripped up and turned into a woodland garden. I love watching the birds, squirrels and even rabbits enjoy the yard and its many features.

A couple of days ago I used Karen's new camera and caught this little visitor in the middle of his/her lunch:

Feeding squirrel

Something must have startled it, because the next thing I knew it was gone and it took me a minute to find it again in our Corkscrew Willow:

Hiding squirrel

I cropped the above photo to zoom in and further reveal the perfect hiding spot:

3 Comments:

Blogger Jenn said...

Excellent shots. And I love that tree.

10:36 PM  
Blogger fourth_fret said...

the hidden squirrel photos made me giggle. that's one of the truest pictures of nature i've ever seen... "now you see me, now you don't"

1:20 PM  
Blogger Mike said...

I can sit and watch the squirrels any time. It makes me happy to watch them because they are such interesting creatures.

9:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home